It is hard to keep children busy and entertained during quarantine times. We put together 5 awesome and easy DIY crafts for kids to keep them busy for hours.
1. Paper Rainbow
To make one rainbow, you need
- 1 inch strips of each colour of the rainbow – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
- Then you need to trim each colour so it is about 1 inch shorter than the colour before it. Red: 9 inches (full length) Orange: 8 inches Yellow: 7 inches Green: 6 inches Blue: 5 inches Purple: 4 inches
- Next follow instructions in pictures
2. Toilet Paper Troll DIY Craft for Kids
Have your kids seen cartoon “Trolls”? This DIY craft will help you to create your own Trolls from simple toilet paper rolls and colorful paper! Follow the step by step instructions below:
3. Fire Breathing Paper Roll Dragon
These fire breathing dragons are so easy to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paper Roll (Toilet paper roll, paper towel roll, or wrapping paper roll)
- Green or Red Construction Paper
- 2 Medium Pom Poms
- 2 Small Pom Poms
- 2 Medium Googly Eyes
- Red, Yellow and Orange Tissue Paper
- Glue Stick
- Glue Gun
4. Paper Roll Sheep
Here is what you will need:
- Cotton Balls
- Black Paper
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Black Pom Poms
- Googly Eyes
- White Pen
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Hot Glue Gun or Craft Glue
5. Paper Plate colorful Dinosaur
This dino will be your child’s favourite. What you will need:
Paper Plates: It can be either dessert size or bigger.
Paint: It can be any paint your children use
Clothespins – You can use either the mini clothespins or the larger clothespins. If you make a big size paper plate dinosaur I would use the larger clothespins as they are a bit sturdier.
Paper: Choose thicker colorful papers, those are perfect for this kind of “stands up” projects.
Googly Eyes: These are optional as you can simply draw eyes, but children usually love these googly eyes so much.
DIY crafts for kids are not only for fun or entertainment, through this kind of activities you can develop your child’s imagination and motor skills.